Saturday, August 20, 2005

Happy Kitty and dying yarn...

Here is a quick update about my little "Peach". She had her sutures removed last Friday. The vet was just thrilled with how she is healing. On Thursday of this week, we let her out of her pen. Let me just say....She is one happy kitty. We have had more kitty loving then a parent should have. She has a sparkle back in her gorgeous green eyes. I really think she has not felt this well in a very long time. My husband and I are glad we decided on the surgery. On to knitting news. I have been working on my "Branching Out" scarf. It is about half way finished. I started another
Lucy Bag in some grey "Galway". This is a Christmas present for my partner at work. It is a great pattern and makes an adorable bag. It is a portable project to take out on the boat. Do you remember the bunch of Bartlett yarn in my stash? It is a light heather muted shades. Last winter, I dyed some of it with Kool-Aid. I have been playing around with Country Classic Wool Dyes . I used the raspberry shade over some muted red. The color is fantastic. I bought three other shades yesterday. I am going to head outside and get dying shortly. I will post some pictures of the finished results later. The whole dying thing is so much fun. At some point I would like to try some of the yarn from KnitPicks. They have a fingering weight that you can dye for socks. Well.... I am going to run for now. I have peppers to stuff before I can go out and play. Have a great weekend everyone.