Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I am still here dear readers.I am long over due on an update. I have been down with a case of bronchitis for the last ten days. I kept thinking I was on the tail end of a cold. I finally went to the doctor yesterday. She confirmed bronchitis and sent me home with an armful of prescriptions including an inhaler. I resisted trying the inhaler till an hour ago. It really does help. It has been very hot and humid here the last few days. Today it reached 100 degrees in town. Hopefully it is going to cool down this evening. We have family arriving Friday. They will be staying for a week. We are looking forward to the visit as we have not seen them since Christmas. So, I have been busy getting ready for their arrival. The knitting has been on the back burner these last few weeks. I have started the Eyelet Baby Blanket from Blue Sky Alpaca. If you have this pattern be aware there is a correction on their website for the ruffle. I am using Bernat's Cottontots for the blanket. It is a surprisingly soft lovely yarn. The blanket does not look like much at this stage. I think it will be gorgeous with the ruffle. I am also working on a pair of socks for my niece. I received my new issue of Interweave Knits in the mail. I can't wait to sit down and look through it. I have been reading quite a bit lately. I read "The Husband" by Dean Koontz , a very good fast pace thriller. I just finished Atonement by Ian McEwan. I know so many people raved about this book. I was a little disappointed with it. Especially the ending....I just started reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I have only read a few pages. There are so many good books out there and so little time. One of my customers dropped off two huge zucchini today. I am going to stuff them tomorrow. We both are huge fans of stuffed zucchini. I usually put sausage in mine. This time I am going to use some garlic and herb chicken sausages. I think the brand is Al Fresco. I have tried them twice and they are very delicious. I love this time of year with all the fresh fruits and vegetables. I guess I will wrap this up for now.... Happy Knitting and stay cool.