Sunday, November 13, 2005

Mitten update

Hello everyone... I have been knitting up a storm . I am way behind in updating. I have finished my first mitten for the Warm Hands KAL . I am very happy with the mitten. I choose to use a double I-cord on the cuff. The pattern called for a single I-cord. I can't recommend this book enough. It makes sense to knit the mitten from the tip to cuff. You can try the mitten on as you go along. Once you conquer the technique, you will be off and running. The mitten has taken longer to knit then I expected. You really have to pay attention to the chart. I certaintly did not work on it while watching "Lost"(my favorite show). I love the looks of the invisible thumb. It is amazing how it blends right in to the mitten.Can you tell which mitten has the thumb? I hope to start the second mitten tonight.I have really enjoyed checking out all the blogs in the KAL. People are making some incredible mittens. I am working on Christmas presents too. I have a felted bag for my sister started. I am working on a small pair of socks for my niece. Plus..I am still working on mittens for my Mitten tree at work. I think we will set the tree up this work. I had a elderly customer bring in a hat and mittens the other day. She also had made a few pairs of boot socks. It always amazes me how generous people are. Speaking of people in need...Sandy posted about a knitting project for the people in Indiana struck by the tornado. She has a link to Anne's blog about this project. I am going to knit some hats or mittens for this project won't you join me? I have been wanting to find a copy of the Robin Hansen book "Flying geese and Partridge Feet". This book has been out of print for years. I purchased a copy on Ebay last week. I can't wait to add it to my mitten books. I have also been looking for "Homespun Handknits". There is a great "Window pane mitten" for adults in there. Well... It is a gorgeous day here today. I am off to fill my birdfeeders and enjoy the day. Have a great weekend everyone.