Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Preemie Project


I have been working on a few bereavement items to send to the The Preemie Project . Tracy over at Wool windings had a wonderful post on March 15th. If you have a chance click over and check it out. I did not realize how tiny preemie items need to be. There are some wonderful free patterns on the web. Here are the specifics for these outfits.
Green Gown
Yarn: worsted weight
Needles: size 8
Yellow outfit
Pattern: Sleeper Sack
Yarn: Dreambaby
Needles: size 5
To fit a 1-3 pound baby
I have several skeins of Dreambaby in my stash. I am going to work on some hat with booties. I have finished a pair of socks too. I will have to post those next time. I have been fairly busy the last few weeks. My niece is visiting from Ohio with her three month old baby. He was born on Christmas day and is a special little guy. I had envisioned all kinds of knitting for him. My niece is not into sweaters or socks for him. I think an occasional hat may be okay. I did knit a few baby blankets for her. I am hoping to get to spend time with them at the end of the week. I am going to close for now. "Dancing with the Stars" is on in a few minutes. I am a big fan of the show. Happy Knitting everyone!