Monday, January 29, 2007

Yarn Focus Challenge Secret Pal

1. What type of yarn do you knit with most often? Usually wool or wool blends

2. Is there any type of yarn that you would love to try but haven't yet, such as bamboo, banana fiber. Maybe something with some silk in it. I have never tried cashmere.

3. In your opinion what is a luxury yarn? Anything that is soft to the touch.

4. Is there any type of yarn or fiber content you dislike or would prefer not to receive? I am not a huge fan of cotton.

5. What type of garments do you most often knit? I LOVE to knit mittens, hats and I enjoy lace work too.

6. What types of knitting books do you enjoy? I tend to buy hat and mitten books. I enjoy knitting for charity and it is usually hats and mittens.

7. What is a color you like but rarely or never buy yourself? Red

8. If you were pregnant and had to name your baby a fiber, what would her/his name be? Alpaca

9. Do you spin? Someday I would like to learn

10. If someone in your family or a best friend had to describe you in one word, what would it be? A bookworm

11. Please tell us one odd thing about you. I am anal when it comes to my knitting. I only have one project on the needles at one time. I never suffer from one sock or mitten syndrome. I would go nuts not making the mate.

12. What was your favorite cartoon when you were little. I really don't think I ever had a favorite. Strange ,huh?

13. Do you have animals? If so, please name them and tell us a little about them. I have a gorgeous long haired cat names Peaches. I got her from the local shelter about four years ago. We are crazy about her and she gives us much joy.

14. And last but not least, if you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? It would be right here in New England. I lived in Pennsylvania for four years. I loved it....but, could not wait to come back to my lake.