Thursday, February 08, 2007

Project Compassion


I have been working on some squares for Project Compassion . I love the way the lacy one looks. They asked for machine washable wool for these squares. I never seem to buy machine washable wool. The pink square is some leftover sock yarn from my stash. I just double stranded to make a worsted weight. The cream is some soft yarn I bought for a chemo cap awhile back. I have such a time getting gauge with squares. I knew they would "grow" when I blocked them. The pink square was ripped out a total of four times. I was about ready to scream after the fourth attempt. The cream square I made seven inches square. I blocked the heck out of it to make the required eight inches. There has been other knitting too. I made another pair of Cornflower Mitts . Of course I forgot to take a picture of them. They are off in the mail to my daughter in Pennsylvania. I also just finished a pair of mittens for my neighbor. He loved his son's mittens and asked could I make him a pair. His wife picked up some Paton's Classic Wool. I'll post a picture of them later. The weather has been so cold here the last week or two. But, at least we are not battling snow like upstate New York. I think they already have 70 inches and are expecting another 30 by the weekend. YIKES!!!!!! That is all the news from this neck of the woods. I am off to knit some slippers for me. I have worn a huge hole in my Fuzzy Feet.