Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hats abound!







It has been a virtual hat factory over here at Irishknits. I have been knitting hats for the homeless shelter in town. As many of you know.... I put up a Hat and Mitten tree every Christmas at work. We then take all the donations and give them to the local shelter. I am still working on knitting through my stash. I have not bought yarn for three months. It feels good to be using up my odds and ends. The ribbed hats are made with the famous Ann Norling Spiral Rib pattern. I love this hat. I had picked it up at The Mannings over Christmas. It is written for many different sizes and types of yarn. The other hats are made with double strands of worsted weight yarn. It was a free pattern to use for charity. I can't remember what site it is from. Now, I need to get going on some mittens to match. Tomorrow is my 48Th birthday. I guess we are going to get some very heavy rains and messy weather. Spring can't be too far behind. I had my physical on Thursday of this week. I got some news which scares the heck out of me. I had some blood work run twice because my sugar was high. My doctor told me I am diabetic. I was hoping she meant pre-diabetic.But, she did not. I know people live with this every day. I am trying to wrap my head around the idea. Basically, I have been moping around since Thursday. I need to change my lifestyle and get exercising. When I meet with the counselor I will have a better idea of what I need to do. I quit smoking five years ago. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. I know if I can do that....then I can get a handle on this. It just really scares me. My first inkling was to get on the web and start reading about it. I decided not to do that yet. I would end up freaking myself out. I guess I will close for now. Time to cast on some mittens to match those hats.