Saturday, April 28, 2007

Mittens...


Thank you all for your wonderful support and emails about my last post. It certainly made me feel better. I met with the diabetic educator last week. I have a couple of books I am reading too.
On the knitting front.... I have been meaning to show you these socks I finished a few weeks ago. The wonderful sock blockers are from this ebayer
chappywoman . I bought them the other month with leftover Christmas money from my Mother in law. I really love them. They have little cut out cats on them. I am thinking the sock yarn is Meilenweit. I bought this at Christmas in Pennsylvania. It's funny, it looks nothing like I thought it would. These are for my sister Mary Jane. They will be tucked away for next Christmas. As you can see I am making mittens. I am trying to match some of the charity hats I have made. They are such a great project for scraps. I usually prefer a four needle mitten pattern. This is an old two needle mitten pattern that I have had forever. I make both mittens at the same time. This way I can be sure I have enough of the scrap yarn for both mittens. Speaking of mittens... I have had my eye on this book for quite awhile. I would love to add it to my mitten collection. So many patterns, so little time.
We finally put the boat in the water last weekend. I was so hoping for nice weather this weekend. We did get to go out last Sunday when it was so beautiful. I am sure nice weather is just around the corner. I guess that is all the news from here. Have a great weekend everyone.