Saturday, May 05, 2007

How does your garden grow?

It may still be spring....But, look what I have been growing in my garden. They just keep multiplying.


Are they not the cutest little hats? I can't stop making them. I am using this great pattern from Knitchicks called Tomato Baby Beanie . It is one of the nicer fruit hat patterns I have seen. I have been working on these for over a week. I have another one on the needles now. The pumpkin yarn is a ball of Red Heart Soft yarn. I think I will be able to get five hats out of the skein. It is nice and soft to knit with too. I am putting these hats away till the fall. There is a clinic in town that sees many babies. My neighbor works there. She told me they have a huge need for baby items. many of the kids come in without hats during the winter. I have some blue in my stash . I want to make a blueberry hat. The best part is....this all yarn I had tucked away in the stash. I am making a good dent in whittling it down. I might make some baby mittens to go with some of these. These are great little projects to knit while on the boat. I will fish awhile...but, then I am ready to knit or read. I want to cast another pair of socks on the needles. I am trying to choose a pattern. There are so many wonderful ones out there. Speaking of socks , check out
Pat's beautiful Birdfoot Socks. They are just stunning! I just love cruising the blogs and seeing all the wonderful things people are working on. I still have a bee in my bonnet about buying Victorian Lace Today . I had checked a copy out of the library the other month. There are so many gorgeous shawls and scarves in the book. I would like to make one of the rectangular ones. It would be a nice summer project. In health news... I am really watching my carb intake for the diabetes. I am allowed 45 carbs per meal. I have dropped about ten pounds so far. I meet back with the educator this week. I have been taking my blood three times a day. I am hoping she will tell me I only have to check it once or twice a day. Well.... that is all the news from here. I have a pumpkin to finish.