Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thorpe




Here is my version of Thorpe . If you scroll down on the right side of Kirsten's blog, you will find the pattern. I was not sure how to link to the pdf version. Still not as savvy as I would like to be about blogging . What a great pattern. The pattern calls for chunky yarn. I am trying to use up some of my acrylic stash. I used leftover Red Heart and doubled the strands. It was a little tough on the fingers. I am not a fan of Red heart.... but, my mother has given me quite a bit for my charity knitting. It does make a warm pair of mittens too. The hat is very thick and will keep some child warm. I want to make a few more of these hats. The other hat is called Rib a Roni. This is another nice pattern for charity hats. I made the small size. As you can see... I am still making mittens. I would like to make a pair to match the Thorpe hat. Speaking of mittens. I have a lone skein of Malabrigo in the purple colorway. I want to make a pair of mittens with it. I am thinking of using the Evangeline mitt pattern and finishing them off as mittens. I am not a big fan of mitts. I have made a few pairs and can't even give them away. I thought my nieces would love them. This winter has been way to cold for mitts. Anyways... I am not sure if there is enough yardage in the skein. It would seem like the cables would take up the yardage. Has anyone used the Malabrigo for mittens? If so....would love to hear from you. After looking through my stash on Ravelry, I am thinking a pair of socks might be in order. I went over to The Spinning Yarns in Dover yesterday. I went right over to the Mountain Colors "Bearfoot". I finally walked away...that stuff is addicting. I already have four skeins in my stash that need to be used. I just love the feel of it and it makes a gorgeous pair of socks. I purchased two skeins of Cotton chenille, which is why I went to the store in the first place. I was very proud of myself! I'll knit down that stash if it kills me :)